Town of Marcellus Local Law No. 3 of 2007 A building permit shall be required for any work which must conform to the Uniform Code and or the Energy Code, including, but not limited to, the construction, enlargement, alteration, improvement, removal, relocation or demolition of any building or structure or any portion thereof, and the installation of solid fuel burning heating appliance, chimney or flue in any dwelling unit. No person shall commence any work for which a building permit is required without first having obtained a building permit from the Code Enforcement Officer.
Examples of Projects That Require a Building Permit
- Any new building
- Additions to existing buildings
- Structural changes or repairs
- Decks & porches (including replacement)
- Sheds & pole barns
- Swimming pools over 24″ deep
- Fireplaces & alternative fuel heating devices
- Furnace installation
- Changes in the use of a building or land
- Certain excavation work
- Electrical Work
- Plumbing Work (County Health Department 315-435-6614)
If you are not sure about your project, please give us a call.