Shape Up for Veterans Program- Safe Housing Assistance Project
Shape Up for Veterans Program
(Safe Housing Assistance Project for Veterans)
Criteria for Eligibility
- Household income must be below HUD guidelines, based on the # of people living in home. Ex; Family of 2, < $56,900.
- Property taxes and Mortgage must be current.
- Must have current Homeowners Insurance Policy. Flood Insurance if located in flood plain
- Grant amount up to a max of $15,000.
- Approval does not automatically entitle grant recipient the maximum grant. Determined by Community Development Inspector
- Eligible repairs; roofs, porches, foundations, stairs, mechanical systems etc. Not designed for cosmetic updates (ex; granite countertops)
- 5 year lien placed on home. Must repay if home is sold prior to satisfaction of lien
- Work performed by Community Development approved contractors and Lead certified by the EPA
- Community Development inspectors assigned to case for duration of job.