Notice if Public Hearing – Proposed Local Law No. A-2020
TOWN OF MARCELLUS
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
ON PROPOSED LOCAL LAW
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that, for the purpose of adopting a codification of the local laws, ordinances and certain resolutions of the Town of Marcellus, said codification to be known as the “Code of the Town of Marcellus,” a public hearing will be held by the Town Board at the Town Hall located at 24 Main Street, Marcellus, New York 13108, in the Town of Marcellus on the 4th day of March, 2020, at 7:00 p.m., to consider the enactment of the proposed local law described and summarized below:
PROPOSED LOCAL LAW NO. A-2020
A LOCAL LAW TO PROVIDE FOR THE CODIFICATION OF THE LOCAL LAWS, ORDINANCES AND CERTAIN RESOLUTIONS OF THE TOWN OF MARCELLUS INTO A MUNICIPAL CODE TO BE DESIGNATED THE “CODE OF THE TOWN OF MARCELLUS”
This local law:
(1) States the legislative intent of the Town Board in adopting the Code.
(2) Provides for the designation of the local laws, ordinances and certain resolutions of the Town of Marcellus as the “Code of the Town of Marcellus.”
(3) Repeals local laws and ordinances of a general and permanent nature not included in the Code, except as provided.
(4) Saves from repeal certain local laws and ordinances and designates certain matters not affected by repeal.
(5) Retains the meaning and intent of previously adopted legislation.
(6) Provides for the filing of a copy of the Code in the Town Clerk’s office.
(7) Provides for certain changes in or additions to the Code.
(8) Prescribes the manner in which amendments and new legislation are to be incorporated into the Code.
(9) Requires that Code books be kept up-to-date.
(10) Provides for the sale of Code books by the town and the supplementation thereof.
(11) Prohibits tampering with Code books, with offenses punishable by a fine of not more than $250 or by imprisonment for not more than 15 days, or both.
(12) Establishes severability provisions with respect to the Code generally.
(13) Provides that the local law will be included in the Code as Chapter 1, Article I.
Copies of the local law described above and of the Code proposed for adoption thereby are on file in the office of the Town Clerk of the Town of Marcellus, where the same are available for public inspection during regular office hours.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that all interested persons will be given an opportunity to be heard on said proposed local law at the place an d time aforesaid.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, pursuant to the requirements of the Open Meetings Law of the State of New York, that the Town Board of the Town of Marcellus will convene in public meeting at the place and time aforesaid for the purpose of conducting a public hearing of the proposed local law described above and, as deemed advisable by said Board, taking action on the enactment of said local law.
Dated: Feb. 5, 2020 BY ORDER OF THE TOWN BOARD
TOWN OF MARCELLUS