Hiring Part Time Position for Deputy Town Clerk starting January 2, 2024
Town of Marcellus is hiring a Deputy Town Clerk
Part Time Position starting January 2, 2024
Town of Marcellus
You must be willing to learn new things, enjoy working with the public and have flexible availability. Essential skills include computer proficiency, attention to detail, and have the ability to multi-task. This is an administrative position. Training will be provided. Must be a resident of the Town of Marcellus.
- Performing the functions of the Town Clerk’s Office and act in the absence of the Town Clerk.
- Greet customers and answer their inquiries in a friendly and professional manner.
- Assisting in the custody of all records, books, and papers of the town.
- Issuing dog, marriage, DEC, and other licenses and collecting fees for such licenses.
- Process Passport applications.
- Process payments and provide change as needed.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Attendance at meetings of the Town Board and committees as required.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow workers, municipal officials, and the general public in a helpful, courteous manner.
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of standard office equipment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience in cash handling.
- Skilled in telephone etiquette.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of administrative support and/or customer service experience or relevant higher education.
- Municipal experience preferred.
- Notary Public preferred (ability to train and receive licensing while employed).
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Expected hours: 19 hours per week minimum.
Schedule: Day shift
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Please send resumes to Rosemary Tozzi Deputy Town Clerk, 22 E. Main Street, Marcellus,
New York, 13108 or e-mail to email@example.com by December 15, 2023